Buy Guitar Accessories
After you buy your guitar you will also want to purchase some other items along with your guitar. You will want a guitar case or a gig bag to protect your guitar, but I don't have those items listed here because they are specific sizes for different guitars. This is not complete list yet, but it's getting there...
- An electric tuner- I can't stress enough how important is to buy a good electric guitar tuner! Like I mentioned before, the Snark SN-5 Tuner for Guitar is a great choice. The tuner is under $10, so just get two and you'll have a back-up.
- Also, make learning guitar easier with a music stand. Here is a good music stand for under $30- On-Stage Folding Orchestral Music Stand, Black. I have the wooden version which looks great- On Stage Folding Wooden Music Stand.
- A foot rest to elevate your foot can really improve your comfort level when playing and practicing. Here is a guitar foot rest for a hair over $10- On Stage FS7850B Guitar Foot Rest.
- Along with your music stand, you'll also want a guitar stand. This Black Tubular Guitar Standis a steal at $8.
- Anther great alternative to a guitar stand is to hang your guitar on the wall. This is a great choice for $15.
- Also treat yourself to a guitar strap. This strap is around $10 and it is leather- Planet Waves Basic Classic Leather Guitar Strap, Black
- Here is a great tool for $7 that will help you out - Planet Waves Pro Winder String Winder and Cutter. I use one of these and it is great because you can cut and wind your strings with just one tool!
- Another item every guitarist needs to have in there case is a capo. If you you don't know how to use one yet, that's OK- I'll teach you. But trust me, you'll want one, so buy one now. A capo allows you to play songs in different keys using the same chord shapes. I use and recommend this Kyser 6 String Capo, Black. It is a nice capo that uses a spring to clam around your guitar's neck. It has the benefit that when you are not using the capo, you can clamp it to your guitar's head-stock.
- If you cant play to the beat, your not really playing it right... you need a metronome in your case! I recommend buying the Korg TM-40 Large Display Digital Tuner and Metronome because it is both a metronome and a tuner. The tuner function can serve as aback-up to the Snark Tuner.
- Finally, buy some guitar strings! You'll need them. Here are some acoustic guitar string recommendations. These Elixir Strings Acoustic Phosphor Bronze Strings NANOWEB Coating, 6-String, Custom Light are great strings because they are light-gauged (easy on beginner fingers) and they are coated with a polymer that allows the string to last 3-4 times longer than normal strings. However normal strings are fine too. These strings sound great and are a little cheaper- Martin MSP 4050 SP Phosphor Bronze Custom Light Acoustic Guitar Strings. Buy a of couple sets.